Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, visitors and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you have any concerns regarding the safeguarding of any of our pupils please contact one of our Designated Safeguarding Leads: Mrs Rees, Mrs Dickens, Mrs Wallace and Mrs Dickson
Please see the safeguarding section of our website under Parents > Safeguarding.
We raised an incredible £4556 from Woolfest this year!! This is fantastic and we are really pleased! And we are hopeful that some Matched Funding will come in as well, which would boost the total to £7706, so thank you Vodafone! So a huge THANK YOU for coming and for any help you provided before, during or after the event!! Massive thanks go to The Sheds, DJ Chris Pearce, Rivar New Homes and Acorn Construction (portaloos), JV Bouncy Castles, Easy Ice Supplies, The Two Cocks Brewery, Inner Circle Catering, and all the local individuals and businesses for donating to the Silent Auction. Look out for an article about the event in the Newbury Weekly News available shortly!
AGM - Thursday 12th September, 6 pm at WHJS
The £7706 raised from Woolfest is a really big reason to come to the AGM - you can share your views about how you would like it spent towards the school, and ensure that we are able to spend it to benefit our school and children in the right way. If there are not enough members, we cannot spend this money! Children are welcome and refreshments will be available. We need a Chair, Treasurer, Secretary and new members, and would be grateful for any time at all that you can spare - even just half an hour once in a while.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or leave a message with the school office.
Woolfest - Friday 5th July, 5.30 pm - 10.30 pm
Update on the Woolfest Poster Competition
Thank you so much for all the entries - we were blown away by how brilliant they were! It was a very tough competition to judge, but the winner is a Year 4 pupil, who did a fantastic design, which is displayed at school to advertise Woolfest. She won five free rides on the inflatables at Woolfest. Huge congratulations and well done to the winner, and all the other entries as well!
Tickets are now Available!
The invite letters went out before half term and are available on the PTA section of the website (https://www.wooltonhilljunior.co.uk/pta/). Please return your reply slips and transfer the money asap. The Early Bird Deadline to get discounted tickets is Friday 7th June, and the Final deadline is Wednesday 19th June. We have a limited capacity, and tickets always sell out, so return your forms asap to ensure your entry to our fantastic summer fundraiser! Local band, The Sheds are busy putting together their set list, the Two Cocks Brewery is waiting to deliver our ale, and fantastic prizes keep rolling in for the Silent Auction! New for this year, Inner Circle are doing the catering, and FunFit is doing a fun dance-based workout. We are also very excited about the incredible-looking inflatable rides, a huge inflatable Jungle Super Slide, Football penalty shoot-out, and Gladiator Joust. Also new for this year is the Tug of War! If you are able to donate any prizes to the Silent Auction, can help out on the day or beforehand, can sponsor any aspect of the event, or are First Aid trained with a current certificate and can help be on standby for an hour or two, then please let us know (email@example.com). We are specifically looking for volunteers to help set up during the day on Friday 5th July and take it all down at the end of the night, so if you can help with that, then please get in touch - thank you! We really appreciate any help given, and these events are not possible without everyone’s help.
2019 Woolfest Silent Auction Facebook Posts
It’s only a few weeks until Woolfest! Here’s a preview of the fantastic Silent Auction prizes. We're really grateful to all the companies that have donated! If you would like to make a bid before 5th July, please email firstname.lastname@example.org...
1. Vouchers from Bedlam Paintball for Splatmaster, Lasertag and Paintball
2. Voucher from Boden
3. Voucher from Cambridge Weight Plan (Rebecca Cooke)
4. Voucher from Camp Hopson
5. 1 Weeks’ Full Peak Vantage Full Membership from David Lloyd Club, Newbury
6. A 3 night stay in Broad Haven, Pembrokeshire from Driftwood Holidays
7. Sterling silver jewellery set from Emily Pike Jewellery
8. 7-course tasting dinner voucher for 2 from Esseborne Manor
9.10% off voucher for work from Greentips
10. 1.5 m³ of seasoned hardwood fire logs from Greentips.
11. A family admission ticket from the Hawk Conservancy Trust
12. 3 riding lessons from Holtwood Farm Stables
13. A portrait experience voucher from Imagine Contemporary Portraits
14. £20 voucher from Johnsons Shoes
15. Red & white wine gift set from Laithwaite's Wine
16. French basket from Le Papillon Vert
17. Two seats for School of Rock from Lord & Lady Lloyd Webber
18. Signed women's football shirt from Manchester United Football Club
19. Delivery of 500 litres heating oil (Kerosene) from Marsh Fuels
20. Two Premier Enclosure Badges from Newbury Racecourse
21. Mini Micro 3 in 1 Scooter from Micro Scooters
22. Intrinsic Biomechanics Assessment from Newbury Sports Massage
23. Gift vouchers from Oscar Pet Food
24. A Japanese Maple from Penwood Nurseries
25. 1 free session at Quackers Holiday Club from Quackers
26. His or hers wash, cut and blow dry from Roderick Anthony Hairdressing
27. A free term from Rugbytots
28. A pair of handmade cushions from Sarah Hill Designs
29. £40 voucher from Smallprint / Silver Pet Prints
30. £20 Gift Card from Tesco
31. 2 adult tickets from The Marvellous Festival in Wokingham
32. 60 minute full body deep tissue massage from The Oakwood Clinic with Charlotte Piddington
33. Gift box combo from The Two Cocks Brewery
34. A plant from Yew Tree Garden Centre
Click here for more information.